The Colonial Gold Coast
Golf. The Art of Playing Fetch with yourself.
Our Golf Features
We have an array of different clubs for you to borrow and to buy
We have got your stats and metrics covered
Come learn from the best
They have the best selection of golf clubs in the entire country, and their stats system is top notch.
Australia lacked a golf facility for semi-pros and pros to train; not anymore.
Their stroke play workshops help you improve to a great extent
It is by far the best Golf facility in Australia
- Juniors must be less than 19 years old as at 1st January
- Save $98 every year compared to the monthly plan by paying yearly.
- Save $150 every year compared to the monthly plan by paying yearly.
From our blog
Tips for Beginners
Lawn bowling is a target sport, with the game being played by singles, doubles or even quadruples depending on the number of players in each group. Though the game is simple enough to understand but it is by no means easy to master.
The game is played using lawn bowling balls. The balls are asymmetrical in shape, with a grooved side which is smaller than the opposite side. The shape of the ball enables it to be rolled in a curved arc towards the jack in the same direction as the smaller target ball. Seasoned players use this feature to their advantage by manoeuvring the ball in a tactical manner.
- The mat is the launch pad from which the ball is delivered
- The lawn bowls which are perfectly shaped pieces of equipment and are manufactured with a diamond cutting technology to provide the perfect arched shape.
- The jack which is known as the kitty is a small white ball and is the target of the game. Keep in mind that getting close to the jack is much more difficult than it appears.
It is necessary that a proper grip is used to grab onto the ball. The grip should be such that it transfers the weight through the centre of gravity of the ball. This is done when the middle finger is last to leave the ball after the throw.
Players make use of the following three methods of gripping the ball:
- The fingertip grip which means using the fingertips to grip the ball. This is better for faster bowls
- The claw grip where fingers are widely spaced and the pressure is all on the fingers and the thumb, better for slower balls
- The cradle grips wherein the weight of the ball rests on the palm. This is an ideal grip for players with smaller hands.
When delivering the ball it’s necessary to have the perfect stance. Stand on the meet with two feet together. Hold the bowl with the correct bias facing the direction in which you aim to bowl.
You can choose either the forehand or the backhand shot. For someone who is right handed the forehand shot is the right side approach to the jack and the backhand is the left sided approach. You would need to lunge forward with the weight resting on the opposite leg to the hand which is holding the bowl.
The delivery of the ball is based on working around the gravity. Though muscles are involved when throwing the ball, the best throw is one which has a pendulum like motion and remains on the same delivery line as the target. Over throwing the ball will result in an off throw.
One of the most challenging shots to master is the draw shot. It can only be achieved by those who have become pro at the game. It requires the perfect amount of momentum and the ball should be thrown in such a way that it comes to rest right next to the jack.
With the right tips and techniques you can easily master lawn bowls.
Jet Skis are pretty durable, however, these are machines and there are times when a certain part might stop working. If you think that your Jet Ski needs a bit of repair or a new part altogether, make sure you check for parts available online.
If you would want to buy a single part online you might have to go through so many options. For someone who’s a novice at buying a jet ski, having to buy separate parts of the motor might be a tough job. The first thing being you don’t know a great deal about the Jet Ski itself. However once you find the right dealer you can rest assured that you are going to find the right parts for your Jet Ski.
Before you buy your Jet Ski parts from a dealer, make sure of all of the following:
- Get to know about someone who deals in the parts which are compatible with your Jet Ski. Also make sure you know the year of manufacturing and the model. You can search for both on the internet. All you need to do is enter the details and see whether the parts are available with a certain dealer.
- Once you know who deals in parts which you are looking for, it’s time to do your bit of research. Get to know whether they are licensed and whether they are selling genuine products. For this you need to take a look at the reviews left on their website by previous customers.do the parts work well or are there a few negative comments regarding the purchases made by previous customers.
- While you are researching the parts which you require get to know how much they cost and then make sure you compare the prices. Don’t just go and buy a part because you are getting it dirt cheap. There are bound to be some issues.
- The products which the company are selling should be quality products. It’s a fact that everyone looks for affordability but it’s also essential to know that the part you are getting is actually genuine and would be totally in sync with your personal water craft.
- Also get to know whether they belong to any association related with personal water crafts it’s an indication that they are registered and have the license to sell those parts.
Once you have purchased the required Jet Ski parts all you need to do is have them fitted and installed with the help of a professional. Later on it’s necessary you maintain your water craft and care for it so that the parts work well and there are no maintenance issues.
Jet skiing is a rewarding water sport. However care must be taken that the equipment should be handled with care and maintained properly for it to function to the best of its abilities.
Create Your Custom T-Shirt
Be Ready for Your Individuality to Shine
A custom t-shirt has the ability to turn a small group of people into a team. The right t-shirt can make a perfect memory of a family reunion. A well-made custom t-shirt can help say what you want to say, can make your personality pop, or simply have a funny t-shirt that lets others laugh with you. Maybe you want to immortalise a wonderful vacation for your bucket list. There are so many reasons for setting up a t-shirt that is customised for you, your group, or your event, it makes a challenging but fun project that will bring huge rewards.
How to Begin?
Start with the basics. First, decide what kind of shirt you are looking for. Just a simple white or primary colour cotton shirt might be just the thing. If this is for a small occasion, you can keep the job low-priced and still have a wonderful result. When you’re starting from scratch, just remember that it is the creativity you add that will give the best final results. Decide on what kind of shirt style you want to use. A basic crew neck tee in small, medium or large may be just the ticket. When you decide on the material used and the style of shirt, you’re on your way!
You know what your idea is, but if this is a one-time event, and you have no experience with a custom project like this, it may be best to approach a printing professional that can help solidify your ideas. All your custom T Shirt printing should be done by a local company. You may have a specific logo already picked out. Did you just want to put a few words on the shirt, with no logo or picture? Hey, the sky’s the limit. The biggest concern, though, is whether the shirt will make the right impression.
You’re not Alone
It may be that there is only a rough idea on what the final product should be. In that case, a professional printer has suggestions that will make creating your own t-shirt a snap. There are many options and suggestions that a professional can give you when you are looking for a great t-shirt. Every bit of your creative ideas will bring the final product to be just exactly what you were looking for. When you take your creation to your family, team, group, or just to yourself, a well-done custom tee shirt that was made with your own ideas, it’s exciting to see a positive result.
Step right up and get ready to have a great time that is satisfying and memorable, whether it is just for you, or for both you and others. Either way, that custom tee shirt is an exciting project, and finishing it is the reward.
Basketball is one of the most popular sports game played by both men and women. Just by playing basketball, one can learn how to work as a team, create a strategy, and enhance physical health in the process. Hence, it is just right to provide high quality and custom made basketball uniforms for every player. Allow us to emphasise the importance of a high-quality customised basketball uniforms and singlets.
- It gives them confidence
One of the many reasons why one should wear high-quality and custom-made basketball uniforms is that their confidence is automatically boosted. It actually gives them pride wearing the logo or symbol of the school / organisation that they are representing. Aside from that, looking good also meant feeling good. Once a player feels confident about himself from the very start of the game, you can rest assured that he’ll pull a good performance.
- It makes them feel at ease while playing
Since basketball involves a lot of walking, running, and jumping, it makes an individual sweat in just a few minutes. When a player feels like a shirt is sticking to him because of the sweat or his pants feel to tight to jump properly, you can’t expect him to execute a great performance.
However, having a high-quality basketball uniform made out of sweat-absorbing fabric, the player can experience the feel-naked effect. There’s nothing that can interfere with his moves. Also, it gives him the assurance that he doesn’t feel sweaty or stinky at all after playing.
- Creates a good community
Assigning players to guard the different positions will make them think that others are more superior than them. However, having them wear the same uniform will banish this kind of mindset. When they are all the same, they will think that they are in the same part of the community. No one is greater or superior to them. Instead, they will focus on the opposing team instead of trying to compete with each other in the same group.
- Custom-made basketball uniform gives them pride
Wearing something with their name, number, and the school that they represent is something that they could be very proud of. It also encourages them to have the confidence in competing in bigger events and other schools or divisions. It serves as their memento of something that they have accomplished while they are playing basketball. Wearing the same colour and same printed symbol makes them feel like they really belong to a group.
These are just some of the importance of wearing a high-quality and custom made basketball uniforms. To some, it may be seen as an added expense but wearing a great basketball uniform will give you the assurance that your team will do their best while playing. There is nothing greater than having to play with your very own number on the back of your jersey while everyone is watching and cheering for you.
Custom T-shirt designs have become a common thing now as more people want to express themselves and show uniqueness. Creating a custom t-shirt design can be fun and a cool way of expressing your personality. Here are some useful tips to help you create stunning custom t shirt designs: https://www.qtco.com.au/products/clothing/promotional-t-shirts
Brainstorm and Conceptualise Your Design – Making a custom t-shirt design is not as easy as some people might imagine especially when you want to have drawings on the t-shirt. Look at the design and imagine it on the t-shirt.
Leave the design and look at it later on to see if you still like it the way it is. It is important to take your time on the design in order to have the very best one.
Keep it Simple – Simplicity will get your message across in the best way possible. If your design is too complex or very highly detailed, chances are it will not get the message across as required. Keep the ideal simple but ensure the details are there.
Use Humour but be Subtle – Humour is a global language that all can relate to and therefore they many people will recognise your design when humorous. However, do not use strong words or words that can be offensive to people in your humour.
High Quality Printing – If you have a great design but the printing is poor quality, your custom t-shirt design will not stand out. Choose a printer or a printing company that uses high quality printers for a great product.
Use High Resolution Images – The images you use o the design have to be high quality images. Remember that the images will have to be resized to fit on the t-shirt which can cause a decline in the quality of the image.
Consider the Market – Who do you intend the custom t-shirt design for? Is it for the old or the young? Is it for ladies or men? When you have identified your market you can be able to create designs that will appeal to them more. When you know exactly who intend your design for you can be able to capture them with ease.
Choose the Right Colours – Choose the colours to use on your designs based on the colour of the t-shirt that you will use. Also, choose the colours depending on who you want to attract.
Young people like bright colours while more mature persons might prefer cool colours. Also women are known to like bright colours like pink, red and yellow.
Be Ahead of Current Trends – Current trends are good and they attract many people but you will find many designers using those trends which means that originality lacks. The best thing to do is know the trends but be ahead of them. That will help you create designs that are trendy but more authentic.
It is also advisable that you be informed and knowledgeable about the t-shirt market and everything else that would help you become a good designer. Designing software is always coming up and therefore keeping tabs will help you get the right software for you. Custom t-shirt designs have become popular in recent times and the trend does not seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
Many people find it very relaxing when they play golf while others enjoy the competitiveness of the game. Golf is a game which tests the mind and body. It is both challenging and calming at the same time. It may frustrate you, but you will end up falling in love with the game. If you are interested in learning the game, you will first have start with the basics and then continue to master the game. In the below article you will be reading about some of the basic golf rules, how to swing a club and how to hit the ball.
The object of the game: The purpose of the game is to get the golf ball from the tee into the hole. You can identify with the flag that is kept near it. Your job is to get the ball into the hole or place it near the hole with the lease possible shots. In a standard golf course you will find about 18 holes, and in a smaller course, you will find about nine holes which are usually perfect for beginners.
You are not allowed to move the Ball on the Course:
As a beginner you will end up hitting your ball in places you don’t want it to land and most of you might have the urge to pick up the ball and move it to a convenient position but unless the ball is blocked by a man-made obstruction you are not allowed to move the ball. If your ball falls in the water, you will have to take one stroke penalty and then try again.
The person with the Lowest Score wins:
Have a scorecard with you and keep track of every shot you hit. If you happen to shoot on par or below par you are doing well at the game.
Swinging the Club:
While swinging the club, you need to make sure that you are standing with your feet apart. When you are in this position, the weight of your body gets evenly distributed to the centre of your feet and not to the toes. On bending slightly and leaning forward will help you to place the club on the ground from where you will be able to hit the ball.
Make sure to place the arm of your dominant side close to your body and when the club is placed parallel to the ground you need to position it towards the sky.
Hitting the Ball:
Your weight needs to shift towards the side where you have hit the ball. Your dominant knee will kick inward to close the gap that is there between your legs. Make sure that you don’t stop the swing as soon as the club hits the ball. As you are twisting your hip, you will have to move your arm inside and then back again towards your body.
Golf is a game where you have to involve your mind and body. It is a brilliant game which helps you to relax and be competitive at the same time. Every golf player is unique, and all of them have different abilities and skills, but everyone has their favourites and their own opinion on various players. The following is the list of the top golf players in the world:
- Jack Nicklaus happens to be one of the best golf players of all time. He has about 18 notable wins and has been the runner-up for about 19 occasions. He is one of the oldest champions and is also the first player to complete double and triple career slams. He has a total of 73 PGA tour victories and is the greatest players of all time.
- Tiger is yet another golf player who has done wonders. His victories haven’t yet eclipsed Nicklaus’ records, but he certainly has had many unbelievable victories and also won the hearts of many people. Woods has a total of 14 majors, and he has won more money and awards than any other player in this field. Woods, however, has more PGA tour wins when compared to Jack Nicklaus. Both the players have a unique style of playing and brilliant in their ways.
- Ben is a perfect example of a person who fights for victory no matter what happens in their life. Ben had to struggle for many years to get his breakthrough on tour and finally when he started to have a good career. He met with an accident which put his career at stake. Despite the entire situation, Ben fought his way back and managed to win about nine majors and he has a total of 62 career wins.
- Palmer has a total of seven major championships, and he has won about 62 times on the PGA tours. He was keen on reviving golf and also helped in bringing the British Open. Arnold was recognised as the sports hero during the 1950s. He won his seven majors in just six years and was a real champion.
- Bobby Jones has nine PGA Tour victories, and he was the one who co-founded the Masters. He retired at a very young age but has played in about 31 majors and was placed in the top 10 for almost 27 years.
- Tom Watson has won about five British Open, and he has also won several battles with the greatest golf players of all time, Nicklaus. He has won nearly 39 PGA Tours and has eight major championships.
- Gary Player, popularly known as the Black Knight has won 72 times in the Sunshine Tour, and he has about 24 PGA tours. In the year 1965, he was the first non-American to win all the four majors.
register and be apart of our golf club
(02) 4066 9052
(02) 4066 9095
37 Edgewater Close
ORIENT POINT NSW 2540