The Colonial Gold Coast
Golf. The Art of Playing Fetch with yourself.
Our Golf Features
We have an array of different clubs for you to borrow and to buy
We have got your stats and metrics covered
Come learn from the best
They have the best selection of golf clubs in the entire country, and their stats system is top notch.
Australia lacked a golf facility for semi-pros and pros to train; not anymore.
Their stroke play workshops help you improve to a great extent
It is by far the best Golf facility in Australia
- Juniors must be less than 19 years old as at 1st January
- Save $98 every year compared to the monthly plan by paying yearly.
- Save $150 every year compared to the monthly plan by paying yearly.
From our blog
Many people find it very relaxing when they play golf while others enjoy the competitiveness of the game. Golf is a game which tests the mind and body. It is both challenging and calming at the same time. It may frustrate you, but you will end up falling in love with the game. If you are interested in learning the game, you will first have start with the basics and then continue to master the game. In the below article you will be reading about some of the basic golf rules, how to swing a club and how to hit the ball.
The object of the game: The purpose of the game is to get the golf ball from the tee into the hole. You can identify with the flag that is kept near it. Your job is to get the ball into the hole or place it near the hole with the lease possible shots. In a standard golf course you will find about 18 holes, and in a smaller course, you will find about nine holes which are usually perfect for beginners.
You are not allowed to move the Ball on the Course:
As a beginner you will end up hitting your ball in places you don’t want it to land and most of you might have the urge to pick up the ball and move it to a convenient position but unless the ball is blocked by a man-made obstruction you are not allowed to move the ball. If your ball falls in the water, you will have to take one stroke penalty and then try again.
The person with the Lowest Score wins:
Have a scorecard with you and keep track of every shot you hit. If you happen to shoot on par or below par you are doing well at the game.
Swinging the Club:
While swinging the club, you need to make sure that you are standing with your feet apart. When you are in this position, the weight of your body gets evenly distributed to the centre of your feet and not to the toes. On bending slightly and leaning forward will help you to place the club on the ground from where you will be able to hit the ball.
Make sure to place the arm of your dominant side close to your body and when the club is placed parallel to the ground you need to position it towards the sky.
Hitting the Ball:
Your weight needs to shift towards the side where you have hit the ball. Your dominant knee will kick inward to close the gap that is there between your legs. Make sure that you don’t stop the swing as soon as the club hits the ball. As you are twisting your hip, you will have to move your arm inside and then back again towards your body.
Golf is a game where you have to involve your mind and body. It is a brilliant game which helps you to relax and be competitive at the same time. Every golf player is unique, and all of them have different abilities and skills, but everyone has their favourites and their own opinion on various players. The following is the list of the top golf players in the world:
- Jack Nicklaus happens to be one of the best golf players of all time. He has about 18 notable wins and has been the runner-up for about 19 occasions. He is one of the oldest champions and is also the first player to complete double and triple career slams. He has a total of 73 PGA tour victories and is the greatest players of all time.
- Tiger is yet another golf player who has done wonders. His victories haven’t yet eclipsed Nicklaus’ records, but he certainly has had many unbelievable victories and also won the hearts of many people. Woods has a total of 14 majors, and he has won more money and awards than any other player in this field. Woods, however, has more PGA tour wins when compared to Jack Nicklaus. Both the players have a unique style of playing and brilliant in their ways.
- Ben is a perfect example of a person who fights for victory no matter what happens in their life. Ben had to struggle for many years to get his breakthrough on tour and finally when he started to have a good career. He met with an accident which put his career at stake. Despite the entire situation, Ben fought his way back and managed to win about nine majors and he has a total of 62 career wins.
- Palmer has a total of seven major championships, and he has won about 62 times on the PGA tours. He was keen on reviving golf and also helped in bringing the British Open. Arnold was recognised as the sports hero during the 1950s. He won his seven majors in just six years and was a real champion.
- Bobby Jones has nine PGA Tour victories, and he was the one who co-founded the Masters. He retired at a very young age but has played in about 31 majors and was placed in the top 10 for almost 27 years.
- Tom Watson has won about five British Open, and he has also won several battles with the greatest golf players of all time, Nicklaus. He has won nearly 39 PGA Tours and has eight major championships.
- Gary Player, popularly known as the Black Knight has won 72 times in the Sunshine Tour, and he has about 24 PGA tours. In the year 1965, he was the first non-American to win all the four majors.
register and be apart of our golf club
(02) 4066 9052
(02) 4066 9095
37 Edgewater Close
ORIENT POINT NSW 2540